Ok, figured I would use a post today to outline Transruption as it currently stands, and the future. This will be a long post but hopefully will help to clear up confusion for some.
- Currently the dev version has not been completed, that will be the "alpha" phase. I incorrectly named the alpha server "beta" so that may of led to some confusion.
- The "Premium" subscription may be scrapped, however if that happens another reward that is roughly the same in value will replace it. The reason for this is after extensive research I have found out just how restrictive adult material can be when it comes to payment processing. The premium membership will not be started until the game is "released" witch is still pretty far away, and when it is you can choose to start it at anytime (unless your unlimited, then it won't matter).
- As for the other rewards, no one pledged to the high amounts, the name in credits will be added in a very early version of alpha.
- The comic is well underway and being done by Ganassa, once its done I will be posting it, also its current lineart below and probably uploading it to http://g.e-hentai.org.
- The maps are in progress, however do not have the polish I would like before showing them off. The artist doing it is Renezuo.
These are the current characters in the game. There is quite a number of scenes that are not in the current version, however the current version is not ready for deployment.
- Vista: A number of scenes are ready for the game.
- Nelle: A few scenes are ready, and is the most complex character currently in the game.
- Ellis: Very minor work done, a few assets but very little content.
- The no name cat: A work by Alder. Still cannot come up with a name. Very little work done so far.
These will be the main characters in the early versions of the game. There will be more I just want to focus on them.
Plan For Transruption
The plan for the game is to make a community maintained game, making it easy for artists and writers to plug their work into the game without having to make their own. It will have a core game/storyline which is what the alpha/beta will be. But after that it will become possible to submit events and users can automatically load them into the game. To make it versitile the game can swap between visual novel and pure text styles. The core game will be strictly visual novel style though. This is one challenge I am working into the new event system. Although submissions will not be possible right from the beginning the event system must be able to handle it and make it easy for a writer/artist to format their work to be read by the event system. This is something I have not elaborated on much, just because of the huge challenge it would be and that I do not want to create to much excitement.
The game in general is turning into far more work then I anticipated. I wanted to have the Alpha out by now but I see that it will not be the case. To help speed it up I have open sourced the project and am inviting designers/developers that want to help out to speed up the development. Creating an extendible Visual novel engine that is web based is something I for one have not seen anywhere, so there is nothing to base it off of. I am treading unknown ground so trial and error is a very big part of its development.
The new version of the website will also feature a roadmap. This roadmap will have features that will be added with each version once it hits alpha. It will allow me to show progress easier between each version. Not going to detail it now as I plan for it to be extensive.
Right now I am working on a version of the game that is removing the responsive features and has a much more detailed character viewer. This should speed up development and allow more extendability. Having one version of the game work in all devices end up putting far more time in the UI then the actual function of the game. This version needs to wait in the initial art for the improved character viewer for the character creation before it can be released. But at release it will have far more content then the currently released version. Once this is released the game will enter Alpha in which pledgers will have access, once the bugs are worked out and the initial content is put in, the Beta phase will start, witch the last Alpha version will move to "stable" allowing anyone to play it and leave the continuing updates viewable only by the pledgers. Finally once the game is at a completed point it will launch and the stable version will match the current live version. Pledgers will always be able to see the absolute latest version, but any version termed as a stable release can be played by everybody. The premium subscription may be reworked but that will allow add-ons in the game, giving a better experience but not going over the top and making people feel forced to enter the subscription (at least thats my plan). I want the game to be free but it will cost money to run, so some form of donation/subscription will be needed for that.
Thank you for all your support so far and going forward, I am sorry I have not produced results as fast as I wanted but even if its moving slow, progress is being made.
And just to give something to look at. Here is the Ganassa comic! Lineart version!